Pages

Monday 12 March 2018

WONDER Pg 11-43

Wonder work question:
          Wonder Work Pg 11-43


  1. What was August one wish that he wanted? August wanted was to go to school, but only if he could be like every other kid going to school. If I change my appearance it could be, not actually my appearance I think my atittude I will not explain to much but I just want to say I actually dont like my atittude.
  2. What do you think it means to be ordinary? What make august extraordinary? I will based the question what auggie's said that the ordinary kids can run, full of confidence to see their faces. Auggie's classmates learn over the course of the novel that they cannot judge him based on the way he looks and eventually get to know the brilliant, kind ... This outlook is different even from how his protective family views him; others think of Auggie as extraordinary
  3. how do people react when they see Auggie's face for the first time?Auggie knows the look people get when they see his face for the first time, because he experiences it every day. Whether it's the park or the grocery store, it is always the same look. Even if they are polite, their face still wears it for a split second. I'm not shock because that is not the first time that I saw face like that in my expirience auggie is not the worst face I ever seen.
  4. August dad said,"So sending him off to the middle school like a lamb to the slaughter" what does this mean?It means that they are sending him off to a place where he won't be safe from other peoples judgement anymore. It also means he doesn't know what he is getting himself into by making the decision to go to school.
  5. Would you send Auggie to school if you were his mom and dad?Explain why or why not. If I'm auggust mom i will send him to school because every children has a right to go at school and if auggie want to I will send him beacause every person has a freedom to choice and to learn in the right way
  6. What white lie did august mom tell? why did she do it? Are white lies ok to tell?Miranda continued telling these lies and grew more popular; eventually, when she went home, she decided to reconnect with ella but to leave out Via, since Ella would be an easier friend to have and would not ask her a lot of questions about the summer that she would not want to answer.
  7. Auggie decided he like Ms.Garcia - when she wasn't wearing her shiny smile what is a 'shiny smile'?When Mrs. Garcia was talking to Auggie he said she had a “shiny smile,” but when she was talking with Auggie’s mom her smile changed. Auggie felt, “I guess I liked Mrs. Garcia when she wasn’t wearing her shiny smile.”
  8. How does auggie know the first time he meets julian that he will be a bully? What are some the ways that Julian bullies Auggie?how does Auggie respond?I totally agree that Julian was a bully because all he did was ask August questions that he knew was wrong. Julian on the first day he met August asked him, What's the deal with your face?(page 29)." This was completely rude and from the start August knew he was not gonna be kind or generous to me. This are some reasons why he was such a bully. I liked how you brought back evidence from the book, it really helped with knowing where everything was.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.