Pages

Thursday 14 June 2018

Refraction


Investigating Refraction - Bending light
Aim: To investigate how light is affected by changing the substance it is travelling through .
Equipment: Ray box, power source, glass or perspex glass, single-slit ray slide.
Method: collect the equipment from your teacher, and set them up to produce a single beam of light 

Part A: Going from air to glass
  1. Place the glass block in the shaded area below.
  2. Place your ray box at the top of the page and shine the beam so it travels along the 10° line to the centre of the protractor
  3. Read the angle the light leaves the glass block at
  4. Continue the investigation so you can the table opposite 
Result: 

Part B:Going from glass to Air
  1. Place the glass block in the shaded block below

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.