Pages

Monday 18 June 2018

Microscope Slide

Making a Slide
  1. Place your specimen in the middle of a clean slide. Ensure that the specimen is laying flat and not folded over on it self
  2. Add 2-3 drops of the Stain solution. Plant cells are commonly stained with iodine. Whereas animals cells are commonly stained with methylene blue. Both of these solutions stain the nucleus of each cell (and your fingers and clothes so be carefull).
  3. holding a coverslip by its edge in your left hand, manoeuvre it so that the bottom edge of the cover slip make contact with both the slide and the edge of the stain solution. With your right hand, support the top edge of the coverslip with a pair of tweezers.
  4. Gently lower the coverslip with the tweezers, ensuring that no air bubbles are trapped under the coverslip
  5. Place your slide on the microscope stage and the examine it under low-power magnification


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.