Pages

Tuesday 1 May 2018

Wonder Work Essay (word vomit)

Describe a character or individual that you dislike or admire in the written text. Explain how your feelings towards this character helped you to understand the text as whole.

First of all I choose this topic because I understand their character and their situation. First I admire Via and Jack because of their braveness for Auggie, I admire Via because I saw her loyalty to Auggie and even if Auggies face is like that she's still proud to be a sister to Auggie and she's always their to support Auggie and to help Auggie in his every little problem. I also admire Jack because his friendly, he's caring and he don't care what other people say about him and his not like others kid like choosing a friend and he don't care what Auggie's face is. His polite, caring, nice, kind, bighearted, admirable, respectful etc. I think he got the all good attitude of all

Before reading this book if I saw someone like Auggie I would have definitely reacted differently.The character I think I would have reacted similar to would be Charlotte. In the book August says when he meets Charlotte “she gave me a quick wave, a smile, and said nice to meet you”. If I were to meet someone like Auggie I probably would have done something similar. Before reading, Wonder I am sad to say at first glance I would have looked at someone with facial deformities and assumed he or she had special needs. Like Charlotte I wouldn’t give them a handshake. I just didn’t give my actions any thought and poor people like Auggie had careless and unaware people doing things all the time that made him feel bad about himself while he had no control over it. After reading this book I would most definitely react differently to someone like August.  I would now not look down upon someone like August but I would actually look up to him or her because I can now realize their struggles and understand how hard it must be to be the person who stands out and has the deformed face

Another example from “Wonder” that I would react differently to after reading this book would be when Charlotte secretly told Jack about the war and why everyone wasn’t talking to him. Now since I have heard what was going from Auggie and Jack’s perspectives I would be on Jacks side and not care what people thought about me because I would be doing the right thing. Overall I am very happy I read the book Wonder. I would have never given as much thought about people like Auggie if I hadn’t read this book.  Only seeing someone with a deformed face does not really make me think about how it must feel to be him or her.




Word Vomit
I saw a homeless old woman walking around the city the woman dressed in untold layers, her hair is like tied back and like a  white hair of old people. And he has a wound mark in a face from like getting a trouble or an accident, her lips was like a charcoal and Her lips have been fattened and her eyelashes are false, it was a misty dark cold night were even the moon had no effect of light, she’s like starving and needed a food she’s so skinny, you will saw in her eyes that she need a help of love and care from a family. People like her or like her age need a care for a daily life I don’t even know how she survive to like. The woman is clearly old but fighting it every step of the way. She was at the point that the more effort she made to appear youthful the worse she would look.




No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.