Pages

Friday 4 May 2018

Matariki

TASK ONE:
Using the website below, research some of the history, traditions and celebrations around Matariki. Create a piktochart infographic to share what you've discover.




TASK 2: Maori music with a modern Audience
By now you have probably encountered traditional style of Maori music
-What style of music is this / who performs it / what inspired them to write it?
-What did you like about the music?
-What did you like about the video?
-Find out what song is about, can you find aw translator of some of the lyrics?
-Found another Maori musical artist and share there work on your blog along with your answers from the above. 

The music is style like  blues, jazz, country, rock and roll and hip hop, with many of these genres given a unique New Zealand interpretation. It performs or sing by Stan Walker. I think they inspired because of the tradition of New Zealand. 
- I like it because it is a song for New Zealand it is nice to hear even though I don't know the words but I like the tone and the music video.
- I like about the video is when they are capturing the nature of New Zealand the mountains and the snows the trees, sea, and waterfalls and there team work when they are doing the Aotearoa with recyclables things.
- It's about the freedom of New Zealand and it's about the beautiful nature of New Zealand  

- It's like jazz, country, blues. It is sing by Modern Māori Quartet feat.with Awhimai Fraser 'Māreikura'. 
- I like about it is the tone of it's like the Aotearoa it's nice to hear because of it's smooth song and they sing it so nicely even if it's a Maori song you really can express the song because of the tone.
- I think I like the expression of the singer like how they sing it with expression in their face that's only what I really like about because they are only in the studio like recording the song so I don't know what is all about.
- I don't really know what is all about because I can't really translate it to English so sorry for this little trouble I will be great next time

- It's like a hip hop with a little bit of jazz and it's not rock at all. It's perform by Maimoa with (here is the link).
- I like about this is it's sing with so much people it's like a happy song and it's with a dance
- I like because it';s a happy dance they have a solo part and they give chance to others to be part of a song.
- I think it's about the gender or attitude or their outside body appearance that they are proud what they have in their country It's just my opinion because of it's music video that's what I think that is all about .
- It's about jazz. It's sing by Rob Ruha  and The Witch Dr. I think it is all about family or friends
- I like about it the tone again and the expression of the song that can thoroughly go to your soul
-I like the nature the dance choreo and the people participate with the song  
- I think it's about the family and friends that they have time to each other and their closeness
- It's a rock music with a guitar. It's perform by Aorere Sweet sixteen.
- Ilike because it's cool the song is nice
- it's just a music video so I can't say what it is all about
-  Idont know cause I cant see the translation of it

(
sorry for other answer because I dont know what is the meaning of the lyrics and I can't see the meaning of the song there is no translation that I can't see)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anne your blog is so better than my blog about this research nice work keep it up:)

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.