Pages

Wednesday 20 June 2018

The Merchant of Venice A2, S3-5

Act Two, Scene 3

  1. What does Jessica think of her life at home? Give evidence from the text to support your thinking. She thinks that her house is a hell and thou, a marry devil Didst rob it of some taste of tediousness.
  2. Which of Bassanio's friends is Jessica planning to Marry? She want to marry Lorenzo and become a Christian if Lorenzo keep his promise to Jessica. 

Act Two, Scene 4

  1. How does Jessica get a message to her lover? She gave the letter to Launcelot and then he go to Lorenzo's place and he gave the letter to Lorenzo and Gratiano thinks that it it's a love letter  
  2. How will she be disguised for the elopement? They sneak away at supper time, disguise ourselves with masks at my house, and come back in an hour.

Act Two, Scene 5

  1. Why is Shylock is uneasy about going for the evening? Give evidence from the text to support your thinking. Shylock chides his former servant and says that in Launcelot's new capacity as Bassanio's attendant, Launcelot will no longer be able to gormandize and sleep and snore as he was able to do with Shylock.



What am I learning?
I'm learning new words new scene a good and bad attitude
What am I wondering?
Why Shylock become so mean like that to his daughter even if Jessica breaks his dad heart
How does this show my learning?
By answering all the question and doing all the work by adding some ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.