Pages

Tuesday 21 May 2019

SoSt- Creative writing


Part 1

Name - Xander Ford
Occupation - Factory or machine cleaner
A bit on the back story: Eg. kids, married, criminal record, an orphan?

Pull factors
Push factors
Part 2
Details of the Journey
About their life
What ticket did you buy: Steerage

Part 3
First contact with people
Thoughts

















Hi, I’m Xander Ford my family decided to move places from Britain to New Zealand. We decided to move because of the population and because of European gave British Immigrants legal rights as a citizen.

Here is my story. I’m just a 14 years old kid that lives in a horrible life in Britain, we have
no food to eat no house to sleep
and no proper clothes to use. I have 2 sisters and I’m the oldest one to us, my
father and I do have a job. I'm working at the factory,
controlling some machines and cleaning
some tools of it, at my young age I already experience a lot of jobs they
accept children to work, having a job is not that easy for a child but I'm doing
this for my family. One day I heard
my parents talking about our situation I heard them
talking about going to another country to live a more peaceful life to get
more nice work that can actually support our life. Being the oldest brother to our
family I have a responsibility to help my parents and to get a job.
My parents decided to go to New Zealand because of the population in Britain and they
want a better future for us. There is a lot of opportunities in New Zealand
such as a lot of job entries better houses and good education.

The Next day my mother bought a ticket for us but we couldn't afford the
expensive rooms in Cabin so my mom bought the rooms in steerage. The rooms in
steerage have dirty, small spaces and small bedrooms
what we don't have a choice just to get that steerage to go to another country. There is a
lot of differences between steerage and cabin passengers. Cabin passengers
enjoyed more spaces, privacy, and
better food. Some cabin
passengers mingled with those on steerage that we really hate about. Steerage
passengers sleep in tiers of bunks. We were provided with bedding, but not bedding. Before we arrive
in New Zealand my mother told that I don't need to work anymore as
soon we arrive in New Zealand I and my
siblings can go to school and make a better future. The time we arrived in
New Zealand I feel safe and our lives change a lot.



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.